Sunday, January 23, 2011

Early Morning Musings

Okay, so 9:00 am is not that early, but I'm up all by myself here and no good Sunday cartoons are on TV.  (On that note, I'm investing in dvd's for my kid's cartoons.  These days, they are scary or dumb.  Hello, Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock.)


We have decided on a girl's name.  If she's a she, Sophie Hart.  I think it's so pretty.  Almost makes me hope for a girl, but I'm trying not to hope to much either way. 
If he's a he, it's William [middle name].  It's always been William, after Josh's dad.  (That's where Hart came from for the girl, too.)  We are still playing with nicknames, but I'm thinking not Will or Willy.  And we also aren't sure on a middle name.  I thought Tyler was nice.  I don't want it kind of playful because "William" just sounds so serious and official by itself.  I don't want his name to sound like a bank.  William Chase.  Nice, but not for me.


The nursery will be Dr. Seuss.  It's a little hard to find things, though, except for the recent movie version of products.  Obviously not what I'm looking for.  I did find some fun things on Etsy.  Also, there's just so much to choose from for both boy and girl specific nursery themes.  It's so hard.
But, we did get the room cleared out yesterday with the help of my mom.  Don't ask where most of the stuff ended up.  We'll have another (different) room clearing day soon.  The walls right now are dismal grey, so we still have to pick a nice color for the room.  I'm hoping for a pretty blue or calming green.  For a boy or girl.  No pinks, and my nieces' room is purple - no copying.


Also, everyone should know that earlier when I wrote "dvd's," I first put "video tapes."  I miss them.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment